Over the Labor day weekend, for the first time we took a family camping trip. Ok so it was just an overnighter and yeah Messica wasn't there, and we wish you could have been there Mess. Anyways, we went to Honeyman and spent the night there. My dad made a wonderful dinner. It was chicken pot pie cooked in the dutch oven. It was so yummy! Most of the time we relaxed around the camp fire, until it was bed time. Nuttles crashed early in Grandpa's arms. So we headed to bed. The only problem was the campers next to us were all drunk and making way to much noise. Plus from a distance you could hear a little one screaming and it was bad . It sounded so close and it went on for like an hour. It was horrible, I felt so bad for the little one. I was shocked that the parents of the little one, let it go on for as long as it did. It had to be eleven o'clock at night. It was sad!
The next morning, Buckland made us all breakfast. Eggs, bacon (I cooked the bacon :P ), French toast and potatoes with ham, green peppers and onions. It was so good, but so filling. We then packed up after a little while and headed to the beach. First we stopped off and rode a huge dune buggy. That was fun, though it did make Buck really want a quad to ride at the dunes. So ever since then, he has been looking at quads online. After that we grabbed lunch and headed to the beach. Everyone kind of did there own thing. Jay built a nice little shelter because the wind was so bad, but it was gorgeous. Buck and Dad flew the kite a little and mom and I looked for shells. The beach we were at; I had found 3 full sand dollars there once and I was hoping I would get lucky again. At one point Nuttles wanted to fly the kite so Buck let her. The wind was so strong that it started dragging her and finally she let go and hit the ground. It was so cute and funny at the same time. The bad part was that when she let go Buck and Dad had to try and catch the kite. After that she didn't want to fly the kite again. We had a wonderful time! I can't wait till next year to do it again.
2 comments:
I bet it was cute to watch Nuttles fly the kite! I can just imagine it dragging her as well. I like the picture of her in the buggy.
your family is wonderful. I miss you all. I can't believe how big Jay is. I love the picture of him in the hole with nuttles.
Post a Comment