Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Am I just a parnoid weirdo?






Well I can't really figure it out. Here is the story:

I kind of have OCD, only when it comes down to locking the doors at night. I check every door at least 4 time before I fall asleep. Sometimes when I get in bed I will get up again just to check the doors over one more time. I know its crazy but I can't help it. Buck thinks I have been watching to many of my shows. (First 48, Cold case files, etc) Anything that has to do with criminal justice. I always wanted to be a detective. But anyways back to my story. So last night I brought the dog in for bed time, and as we went to bed he kept whining and whimpering, so I got up and put him out back for the night and checked the doors once again.
This morning I went into the garage to get Bair his food and noticed that the back door leading to the garage was open. Only slightly though, cause we have one of those sticks that push up under the door knob, and also a latch at the very top of the door. But the door wasn't shut. It was slightly open. You can imagine what is going through my head. So I talk to Buck about it when I got to work and of course he told me to lay off of the shows. But he did say at 3 in the morning that Bair was barking at something. Then he proceeded to tell me that most crimes happen between 11pm and 1am. Whatever Buck, they happen when the person decides it is going to happen. But anyways on to something more uplifting here is some cute pics of Nuttles with my mother-in-laws dog, Max!

6 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

You are so funny! I can't watch any crime shows in the evening or I do the same stuff. I am fine watching them in the morning or early afternoon, but I get pretty freaked out myself.

Cindy said...

I guess the question is Who or what could have opened it? I'm with you I'd be freaked out too. :)

Kirsten said...

Okay so it sounds like someone tried to get in the garage door last night and thanks to the stick and Bair they didn't. Is that what you are saying?? You guys were obviously looked after and protected if that were the case. Better to be parinoid then clueless. I am with you!!! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so excited I finally found your blog (I have been searching since you left our house Sun. night)! Yep, I would have been totally paranoid too. There are days I go through every room in the house and look in all the closets to make sure there is no one in there who's going to ambush me (got my pepper spray at the ready!). Not really making you feel better, I bet, so...moving on. So, my first question to you is: Is that your Great Dane? If so, I am so jealous, I've always wanted one:-) (this is where you tell me they are not all they're cracked up to be...). Next question: Did you pick up the rest of the Twilight Saga yet, and how far have you gotten???

Later, babe!

Unknown said...

Oh, duh...must read all the way to the bottom. Okay, not your dog :-)

rachel said...

SCARY, Jenn. That freaks me out.