Monday, April 12, 2010

Change of direction or Compromise?


Yay... I am so excited! Last night Buck and I were talking about our future and the direction we would like to go, and I think he didn't realize that once he said what he said, ( I'll tell you in a minute) that I would run with it completely. So Buck said, "Jen, you can do whatever you want. You can go to law school if you want, and I totally support that." I never said a word about Law School. I haven't since we got married. So as my eyes lit up and became very open and wide, a huge grin on my face and the wheels turning in my head. I had finally got the Okay, (I always had the okay, but without the "I support you Jen!") Yippee, I am changing my degree to Criminal Justice. Oh how sweet those words are to me ears. As I spoke with Buck about it this morning, because it hadn't quite registered last night that he was completely serious. I told him this morning that I will be now changing my major to CRIMINAL JUSTICE, instead of art (Zzz..) He said as long as you don't become a COP! I agreed with a little hesitation, but ultimately I am now able to study my passion. Scumbags here I come!!!

3 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

That is wonderful. Chasing your passion with your husbands support! Go Jen!

Derrick and Melissa said...

Been there, done that, and it isn't all it's cracked up to be. CJ is what I majored in and after a while it starts to really wear on you and changes you and becomes very disturbing. It isn't like the crime shows. I wish you the best of luck with it!

Kirsten said...

Great Jen, that is wonderful. You will be awesome.