Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A way to end and a way to begin!



A lot has happened over the last month. We will begin with a couple days before Christmas. Buck was working and I was home with Nuttles. She was watching Blues Clues, her favorite. Anyways as I turn around I hear a BOOM, followed by crying and tears. Nuttles had fell out of the recliner. At first I didn't think much was wrong with her, but as I would pick her up she would scream harder. I felt at that time, that we needed to bring her in to the urgent care. We ended up having X-rays done and they said that she had cracked her collar bone. Oh great, what kind of mother am I? That was my thought constantly. So as you can see Nuttles only has one arm. We had to keep it in a sling and wrapped. About a week later on a Sunday we got a call from the nurse saying that Nuttles may have not cracked it, and they weren't to sure. WHAT? At that moment I didn't know what to think. We went to our doctor and he said she was fine and took the sling off. So Nuttles is doing GREAT! That is how we ended 2008. We began 2009 on a more spiritual note. A couple that works for Buck was taking the discussions at our house for awhile and then they started meeting the missionaries on the their own, and Felicia decided to join the church with her son Anthony who is 8. It was so wonderful. It was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to. Unfortunately the husband really didn't take to the church and ended up getting in legal trouble. But on the bright side the rest of the family is helping him and also setting a wonderful example. Felicia and her son asked Buck to baptise them. Buck loved it!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my!!! Poor girl! Least its ok now!

Derrick and Melissa said...

That is a really cute picture! Glad she is okay.

rachel said...

I'm so glad her collar bone is okay. So scary. My girls have had random falls over the years and broken things, too. Nothing we can do.
Great baptism story. So special.