
Yes, that is right. If you need anything just ask us because we are YES people.
That is what Buck told our 2nd counselor in the Bishopric as they were about to ask me if I would accept a new calling. Before I could say anything it was a yes. I know it is an unwritten rule in our church that you always accept a calling. You never turn it down. But I tell you what, No more primary for me. I can't do it anymore and I am sorry but that is where the YES stops, and the N.O. NO begins. Nuttles goes into Nursery all by herself in a couple weeks and so I figured they were lying and waiting for her to turn a year and a half and then they would jump at the chance to throw me back into primary. Yes throw me!
So as I am waiting for the counselor to tell me that I will be a primary teacher, he asked me to be the YW Ward Camp Leader. Blind sided, I didn't see that coming. Buck chuckled as he heard that. I hated girls camp growing up. I always got hurt. One year I sliced the whole bottom of my foot on some girls tent stake, because she didn't put it in the ground all the way. Oh and one year a girl threatened me with a tent stake. What is it with that! It was horrible....
But Yes I will do it, cause I am a YES person.
I am trying to be optimistic, it will be fun.....Kristen if you would like to move down here, I will gladly resign and you can be the YW ward camp leader. It is always up for grabs :)
7 comments:
You know you are there for a reason! This time around you are going to have so much fun!
blind sighted
SORRY!!! I can't help myself.
FUN! I am jealous. I don't think we have a "ward" camp leader... just stake. Fun fun fun for YOU! You'll be wonderful and the girls will absolutely adore you.
btw... blindsided was the right term. sorry jess. could't help myself! ;)
Oh, Jen you will be awesome!!!! The girls will love you. I would know, I just got out of YW. Those girls are so fun as well. Really they are. :) I do remember you said you wanted to do more camping. :)
Wasn't that same year?? : ) Ha ha, I am jealous, I LOVED GIRLS CAMP. Just look at it as a second chance to grow to love it. You will be great. Love you!!!
I am jealous. I would move there if i could be guaranteed the job. I am almost ashamed at how much I am in love with girls camp.
I think you will rock the boat. You will do an awesome job. Those girls will respond well to you, you have nothing to worry about.
Kristen
Post a Comment