
I was talking to my best friend Kris the other day for the first time in a while. We normally text one another but she had a request for me. Five years ago our friends died in a tragic accident. Kris wanted me to write about a memory that I had with Aston and BJ. Kris was closer to them then I was, but in one year they became like family to me. It was when I lived in Utah that my family grew. We were always doing crazy things with one another. It was the best time of my life. I not only gained friends for life but I gained a family. They took care of me while I was away from my family. Momma Beal would always make me egg sandwiches before heading off to school. And sometimes they would bring me leftovers to my apartment for me. Taco Bell was getting old!I just wanted to say thank you and I love you guys tons. For BJ and Ashton, I love you guys and thank you for always getting me to do fun, adventurous things. For having me float down the Provo without a life jacket (I don't really know how to swim) For climbing through the narrows and repelling off huge cliffs into the lake, because Kris's brother wouldn't let us cliff jump. Thank you for the hug that calmed me in an instant, that gave me the courage to do things I would have never done without all of you.
2 comments:
Jen,
I'm sorry to hear about your friends... I'm sure there's a really sad story behind it.
That pic of all of you is one of the coolest pics I've ever seen! It seriously looks like it could be a tv show cast. SO SO cool.
Jen,
So I haven't checked your blog for a while and absolutely loved this! I'm going to add part of it to your memories you sent. You made so many good points. That was a great time and I gained another sister! You are the best and those memories will truly be cherished forever!!! Thanks for the fun times! and for always being there even still!!!
Kris
Post a Comment